Frio Insulin Pump Cooling Wallet (Blue) by Frio in Pump.
Frio Insulin Pump Cooling Wallet (Blue)
About the Product
- Frios are Water Activated, and Fully Reusable
- Keeps insulin cool for up to 48 hours
- Inner pouch fits inside a sweat free outer cover
- Use for pens, vials, and pen cartridges
- External Dimensions: 4 1/4" x 6 1/2"
- Includes a waterproof liner and belt loop attachment.
Suitable for Carrying: Almost any pump available on the market or 2 x insulin vials and syringes FRIO Wallet keeps Insulin Safe Even in Hot Climates! Insulin must be at the manufacturer's recommended temperature when placed in the FRIO wallet. FRIO wallets were developed to keep insulin within acceptable temperature limits,without refrigeration, for several days before they need to be re-activated. Each pack consists of two parts: FRIO® inner pouch made of poly cotton with panels containing crystals which are nontoxic and non-flammable and a Cambrelle® outer cover The Individual, Duo Pen, and Pump wallets are packaged so the FRIO® inner pouch is inside the Cambrelle® cover on arrival. In order to activate crystals remove inner pouch from cover before immersion in water.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE:
- Immerse the inner pouch, containing crystals, in cold water.
- Insulin cooling wallets will need to be soaked in cool water for 15-20 minutes to initially activate. When in continuous use, succeeding immersion periods will be shorter as the crystals are always in gel form, i.e. 4-5 minutes. It is extremely important to watch the time your FRIO® is soaking, as it is possible to over activate your FRIO®. Should this occur, the wallet must be allowed to dry naturally until it returns to a usable size.
- Gently spread crystals evenly through the pouch. The gel formed should fill the panels but should not expand to the point where the panels become rigid. The activated pouch should remain pliable.
- Gently towel pouch dry. Air dry 20 minutes (longer if time permits!) to allow gel formed to absorb moisture from the fabric. (The panels will continue to expand slightly after removing from the water).
- Place medication in activated FRIO® and then place in the outer Cambrelle® cover. The FRIO® inner pouch should be re-immersed in water when the quantity of gel reduces and starts to return to its crystal form. NOTICE : DO NOT CARRY OR STORE IN AN AIRTIGHT OR WATERPROOF CONTAINER (PURSE) WHEN ACTIVATED. FRIO® PRODUCTS NEED TO BREATHE
Write a review
Note: HTML is not translated!